6 Steps to Connect your AOL Email Account to Outlook
If your professional life needs regular traveling, linking your AOL email account to Microsoft Outlook lets you check your AOL emails from your desktop directly without needing to visit the AOL website. You can even send mails from your AOL mail account when using Outlook and manage all messages in one place without keeping them distinct and organized. The emails will be stored on the AOL server, thus you can retrieve them by accessing on another computer or any other system whenever you need.
For all that, you just need to add your email account in Outlook, the process only takes a few moments to finish the setup. However, if you have any question, contact directly to the AOL customer service for fast resolution. Take a look and follow the steps one by one for adding your AOL account to Outlook successfully.
Steps to add AOL Email Account to Outlook
1. First click on the ‘File’ section, followed by the ‘Add Account’ option.
2. Select the check box ‘Manual Setup or additional Server Types’, and then choose the ‘POP or IMAP’ settings from the listed options and then click the ‘Next’ option.
3. Type your first and last name and the correct address of AOL email account. In the Server information, select the specific Account type you need to add. Microsoft endorses IMAP as it stores your emails on the server as opposite to the personal computer, letting you access them on your computer.
4. Type ‘imap.aol.com’ in the box related to the Incoming Mail Server. In the same way, type ‘smtp.aol.com’ in the box related to the Outgoing Mail Server. Enter your proper AOL email address and password in the login information tab, and after that click the ‘Next’.
5. Now, click on ‘More Settings’ option. In the ‘Outgoing Server’ tab, select the check box ‘My server requires additional authentication’, and then click the ‘Advanced’ option and enter the ‘587’ as the SMTP port. Here, you can leave the POP port as the default selection or select the ‘SSL’ for advanced encryption.
6. Later, make sure that the ‘Test Account Settings’ box is selected, so click the ‘Next’ button. The instructions wizard will confirm that your email account is working properly and allow you to know if the details you have provided are acceptable.
Now, when you open the Outlook, it starts to download copies of the email messages already in your AOL account. However, if you still had any confusion, or you not able to connect your account to the Outlook, you should prefer to take the technical help of email specialists by simply dialing the AOL customer support phone number +1-844-502-0074, you will definitely be able to access your account on the IMAP server of AOL.